Tuesday, May 11, 2010

To clean or not to clean, that is the question.

I had great intentions of cleaning all day today (something that has been quite lacking around here lately). But when Owen suggested we take Silas for an adventure in the wagon, I couldn't resist. Besides, clean toilets are way overrated, right? And on that note, I have absolutely no idea how anyone can have more than 2 kids and stay sane. I can hardly manage to keep everyone fed, bathed, diapered, snacked, napped, and happy...let alone do any cleaning beyond the everyday dishes and laundry. Oof. Maybe a full night's sleep, normal hormones, or a cleaning lady would help. But until one of those happens, just don't look too closely at the floors, or sills, or bathrooms when you come over, k? Thanks!







5 comments:

Life with me and my crew said...

Oh my goodness, how can you resist playing with those boys. So much funner than cleaning! Owen looks like such a good big brother!

allison said...

CUTE!!!! Holy Cow! That third one of him pulling Silas in the wagon -- unbelievable! Love it!

my vote: Not to clean. Play instead!

Kim said...

I totally swear that it's way easier to go from two kids to three than one kid to two. It's still hard to resist playing vs house cleaning but what kids wants a Mom that cleans all the time.

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

Okay, I'm so glad to hear Kim say that, assuming we ever become sane enough to think about a third (God willing, too, of course) however, the cleaning needs to be set aside. Sure there are some things that HAVE to be done like dishes (although I recommend buying paper and plastic any chance you get to avoid this job in the first place) and the laundry, but othe than that, I say play, baby, play!

Van Dyk Family said...

I love your new title "Stuff from the Bluff". I read every new post. I can't get enough! I know what you mean about cleaning - it's rough.

We miss you guys!