Here are some pictures of the party. I feel like I should mention that I actually saw this idea for a puppy party on a photographer's blog that I follow so I can't really take credit for the creativity. Owen and I just thought it was pretty cute so we decided to borrow her ideas! However, per Owen's request, we adapted it to be a puppy and kitty party. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to all of our friends and family for coming! We love you all!

| |
| |
We had a little obedience school. The kids (all 3 that were willing to play) did various puppy tricks and got treats (candy) if they performed them well:

| |
Owen was not one of the 3, even though we had practiced several times before the party:

We also played "fetch." We threw a doggie bone and the kids took turns running to get it. Although the games turned into a bit of a free-for-all, the kids had fun...and that's what matters, right? Maybe when they're all a bit older we can count on some more structured activities. Lesson learned!
| |
Cake time...
| |
I had also planned to have the kids eat their cake in puppy fashion...on their tummies with no hands. However, we only had a few takers. But it was quite entertaining!

And finally, here are just a few random shots of the party-goers:
| |

| |


P.S. I have no idea who took these pictures. They are all from my camera and I did take a few myself, but there were several other people behind the camera throughout the day. So thanks for taking them Ryker or Alli or Leah or anyone else!
10 comments:
That one of CJ is cracking me up!
Thanks for a great party! SUPER cute!
How fun! I love the cake! Happy Birthday Owen!!!
Looks like it was an awesome party sorry I missed it. The cake turned out great. Way to go Super Mom.
It was sooooo hard not to be there...just from the little bit these great shots reveal, it was a super fun party! Great job, my dear!
Fun Idea... and the cake cracks me up... love it! And... CJ pictures cracks me up. Great job making fun memories... the best part about being a Mom :-)
SO fun. Love it. I think I saw that same exact blog and remember thinking it was such a cute idea for a party.
soooo fun! love the cake!
Jen...this is the cutest birthday party idea. I love this! I am going to keep this idea in mind for the future when we have kids! I just love your blog and all your pics and think you are truly amazing! love kate (kopp) jackson
i expect nothing less my dear jen. how fun.
Jen, good for you for letting all those animals into your new house! So cute! I love the theme. Glad I have your blog that I can steal ideas from!
Post a Comment