Thursday, March 31, 2016

I may regret the decision, but...

I ordered a rug for the baby's room!  There are two potential problems with this.  First, we don't officially know if the baby is a boy or girl yet.  At both of the last two ultrasounds, two different technicians guessed the same gender, so I have hunch what the baby might be.  However, it was still a bit early to tell for sure so I won't be totally convinced until we (hopefully) get another really good look at the 21 week ultrasound.  The second potential problem with this purchase is that I don't even know yet if we are going to get to bring this baby home.  But you know what? I have come to a point where I am going to plan on having this sweet baby until I have to deal otherwise.  There is no point sitting around here being depressed and fearing the worst.  If I have to mourn the loss of this child at some point, I will.  Until then, I am going to assume that God is going to continue to protect this precious life.  So, I bought a rug.  Mostly because I had been eyeing it for a while and it went on sale today, and I wasn't sure if the sale would last for another two weeks.  When we find out if it is officially a boy or girl, I will post a picture of the rug.  Wouldn't want to spoil it before then! 

3 comments:

Maureen said...

:-) Excited to see the rug! Continued prayers!
Maureen

jess said...

Yay! I can't wait to see it!

jess said...

good for you Jen!