Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Silas: An Update...



At 13 months, our sweet baby:

~Goes up and down stairs by himself. I now let the boys play together downstairs without me and we all love it.

~Can follow simple directions. If you ask him to go get you a ball, he'll do it.

~Helps himself to the Craisins...the only snack that is not up high.

~LOVES being outside and kicks and screams every time we come back inside, even if it's 10 degrees out.

~Loves going for walks but hates holding my hand. He'd rather wander all over by himself.

~Adores and tortures the cat. But they have an understanding, and I'm pretty sure Silas gets the good end of deal.

~Says the following words on a very regular basis and uses them appropriately: Mommy, Daddy, kitty, ball, bath (bathum), snack (nack), night night, please (sign), thank you (sign), uh-oh, and bye bye (complete with a wave).

~Throws every crumb and sticky piece of food off his tray when he's done eating. Yeah, that's fun.

~Can slowly walk backwards and has a very proud grin on his face when he does.

~Sleeps through the night. As in, most nights we put him down at about 6:30 PM and don't hear a peep out of him until 6:00 AM (notice I said MOST nights). Also of note in the sleep department is that our oldest child still gets up a good 50% of the time and comes down to our bed.

~Unloads the contents of our cupboards numerous times throughout the day. I keep telling myself we don't need to buy the childproof lock thingies because he will surely outgrow this phase, but...

~Has a temper and lets you know when something doesn't go his way by screaming and/or stomping his feet.

~Is the BEST snuggler in the entire universe (at bedtime, that is). You should have the privilege of putting him to bed some day. Nothing will make you happier.


Boy, oh boy, do I love this kid.

3 comments:

allison said...

Oh, I do too!!! I love his vibrant little personality, and his eagerness to get out and go. So glad I get to be a part of his life and watch him grow....

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

This is so sweet. What a big boy! Love the pictures. You are such a blessing Silas!

Kim said...

I love that he kicks and screams when you bring him inside. Not so much for your sake, but that he loves to be outdoors.