Thursday, April 8, 2010

People, we have moved!

It's official. We now live in our new house. We even brought the animals over today, so there's no turning back. And let me just say, I absolutely LOVE living here. I could write tons about the moving process and all we've been through in the last week, but that would take way too much time...time I should be spending unpacking and such. But, we are absolutely thrilled to be here, and it is largely due to our incredible family and friends that we have made as much progress as we have. I owe a HUGE thank you to Sherrie and Bob, Mom and Dad, Al and Jas, Leah and Jeff, and Chris for all of your awesome, wonderful, incredible help. We seriously couldn't have done it without you guys and can't thank you enough!!! Love you all.

Anyway, back to the house. I'm going to keep this short and sweet and just show you some pictures. We are FAR from being done, but you get a little peak in the mean time. The outside isn't even finished yet (i.e. missing shutters, railings need painting, etc.) so you only get indoor pics for now. So here goes:

The entry:


Hallway:


Kitchen:




Living Room:





Looking into the dining room from the living room:


And here's our sweet little Owen having fun in the library (which houses the AWESOME hutch that my sister-in-law, Leah, let us use...THANK YOU!!!!):






And finally, here's what it looked like the day we packed the truck. Crazy, huh?


Ok, so that was the no frills, fast as I could do this post, hurry up version. Maybe some day I'll get around to showing you bedrooms, bathrooms, basement, exterior...and maybe even jot down some of the stories and explanations I have floating around in my head. But for now, I'm exhausted. Seriously. So I'm going to bed. Hope you enjoyed it!

P.S. I just want to mention that my mom worked her TAIL off helping us. That woman is amazing! Thanks Mom. I appreciate your hard work and help more than I can express. Really.

11 comments:

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

Oh Jen, it's beautiful. And I LOVE your taste in furniture! You and your family will have many happy memories there. A great place for your boys to grow up in! Thanks for taking the time to post.

allison said...

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! When can we move in? :) You know this - but I LOVE it. You guys did a fantastic job. I have no idea how you squeezed it in today, but thanks for sharing the pics. Can't wait for more of your room, the boys rooms, the bathrooms.... Love it all! So happy for you!

Big W said...

Gorgeous!

brian, meghan, finley, and adalaide said...

Amazing Jen. It looks like a magazine. I love all your choices and you definitely need to post more {in all your spare time-ha}.

Life with me and my crew said...

How amazing! I love it!

Carly said...

It looks awesome. I can't wait to see it in person, hopefully someday soon?

Marla Kay Lipscomb said...

I have been checking everyday, and was so excited to get this sneak preview! Jen, I absolutely delight picturing your family in your new home. Freshman dorm room to Coyote Bluff...you never cease to amaze me with your beautiful touches=) Love you so much! Mari

Courtney said...

What a beautiful home Jen! Congratulations on the house and the two sweet boys!

Jamaica said...

Nope, you could not possibly have just moved. Where are all your boxes of random crap? The house looks A-MAZING. I knew it would :)

I had to laugh about the snow... as I was driving through it I remember thinking "boy, today would be a terrible day to move." For some reason I was thinking you would be moving the following day, and had no idea you were actually loading up the truck at that moment!

SarahD said...

What a fantastic home Jen! I've always admired your style, I showed my husband and we were both in awe. Blessings to you and your family and your new home!

Megan Hitz, Designer said...

jen. your home is amazing! black gutters and all. ooo. i cant wait to come.