Monday, April 12, 2010

Two things...

First, I just kinda feel like I need to share with you all one of my proudest moments as a mother (ok, so maybe that's kind of an exaggeration, but still). One of our favorite things to have for breakfast is pancakes made into whatever shape pops into our 2 year old's mind at the time. He most commonly asks for a car, truck, or tractor. And usually, they all kinda end up looking the same...like a mutated choo choo train. But today, Owen asked me to make a loader for him. I was quite hesitant to even attempt it because I figured if I can't even make a car look like a car, then how on earth am I going to make anything that actually resembles a loader? But people, I actually did it. I actually made a loader pancake! I think I was probably more excited than Owen was, and figured I'd have to take a picture as proof: (I'm ignoring the fact that C.J. looked at it and called it a Bulldozer)




Secondly, I am realizing that this house has WAY better lighting for indoor photos than our old house. And because of this, I am constantly running to grab my camera when I see one of the boys in a good spot. I can't help it. I think once you start taking pictures, you can't help but see the world through a camera lens...and when you think it might look good, you jump on it. The only problem is, I think Silas has already acquired a dislike for having his picture taken. Most of the time when I get the camera out, he starts fussing and gives me a face like this:




But after a lot of peek-a-boo-ing and silly baby talking, I sometimes get to capture this:




I happen to think he might just be the sweetest baby on the block!

P.S. I often find myself liking the black and white version of the pictures I take better than the colored version. However, I am finding that it is REALLY hard for me to turn pictures of Silas into black and white...it kinda feels empty when I do. I must like his coloring...or something.

8 comments:

allison said...

That pancake really is one for the record books! Glad you documented it!

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

LOVE the grumpy face picture. He's so precious. I don't even know how to begin to make anything other than a circle for pancakes, so way to go Mama! Your loader is amazing!

Kim said...

impressive pancake and impressive pictures. Way to go.

Ryan Lipscomb said...

Love all of your new pics! And, WOW on the loader pancake=) I just showed Ryan and he was equally impressed! Mari
PS-Sending you a big birthday hug;)

Carly said...

Will was looking at your blog with me and said "Hey, that's a front-end loader pancake. Can I have pancakes?"

Great, now look what you've started
:-)

Life with me and my crew said...

Wow. That takes some talent to make a pancake that cool. I mess up mickey mouse pancakes : )

Your boys are so cute. I can't wait to see you guys in June when I come over that way for the weekend! Last weekend in June, I'm counting it down!

Meghan Elaine said...

Silas is SO SO SO cute!

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

Woooo Hoooo!!!! That is the most awesome loader pancake EVER!!! You are amazing! ( "