Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Oh, Country Life...
As I'm sure lots of you know, we have had quite a problem with flies, insects, and mice in this house, which I believe was built in the 40's. Well by now we are quite used to it...spiders crawl in Owen's crib and we just flick them away; C.J. gets rid of dead mice by just picking them up bare-handed; and I vacuum up dead flies about 3 times a day. But for some reason, my experience this morning really got to me. When I went to take a bath and started my bath water, EIGHT spiders crawled up the drain into the water....EIGHT! Normally one or two crawl out and I have to fish them out with my hands...but eight? The first few weren't so bad but by the time I got to #4 and it started squealing around in my hand as I threw it out of the tub, I kinda wanted to scream...and I'm not a wuss. I have a pretty high tolerance for unwanted creatures, but this morning just put me over the edge. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE living out here and love the lifestyle that comes with it. But every once in a while I start to think that living in a NEW house would be awfully appealing. And then I just remind myself of how awesome it is to raise Owen here and I quickly get over it. Today, however, I could do without the spiders!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, my skin is crawling! I AM a wuss so I will scream for you...how do you spell out a scream anyway? Your a good woman. I guess I'll stop complaining about me dust bunnies!!! xoxo
I'm with Sherrie! I hate creepy crawlies more than anything. We haven't had too many to deal with (except a few carpenter ants), which is good, so kudos to you for being able to put up with your eight legged guests :-)
Post a Comment