Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Miracles...



I honestly never really thought I would get to say this, but "It's a girl!!!!"  And I am oh-so incredibly thankful!  God has blessed us with three amazing sons and now we get to enjoy the miracle of a daughter, too.  It still seems a little bit surreal!

For now, our precious baby girl looks healthy.  She is measuring quite small, but that is not at all surprising under the circumstances.  One of the risks with placental abruption is that the baby will not grow as she should because the placenta is not providing the same nourishment that a normal placenta would be.  But for now, she looks ok and I am praising God for that.  They will have to monitor her growth pretty closely from now on.  I will also need to have an MRI to get a more in depth look at the placenta.  There remain risks and I will have to be on bed rest until at least 34 weeks, but I am praising God that He has brought us this far!  It is a miracle that our precious daughter has survived until this point and looks healthy, and I pray constantly that God will continue to protect this little life He created.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Rejoicing with you!
All our love,
Maureen

mary said...

Overjoyed for you for SO many reasons!

Chris, Amanda, Addison and Ellie Nichols said...

So exciting Jen! I know I haven't seen you in years, it's been amazing to follow your journey on your blog! Many prayers for you, your family and your precious Baby girl.

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

Eeeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!! A daughter!! Be still my heart!!! Can't wait to meet this precious one!! Much love, friend!! 😘

Joy said...

Congratulations Jen & family! I have been thinking of you so often and remembered that you have this blog the other day. I've been catching up and all I can say is Wow! What a crazy last couple months you have had. I'm so, so happy your little baby girl is growing and thriving.

We need to schedule coming out to see you. My almost grown girls can entertain you a bit. Can you believe...we just bought Allison a CAR! She won't have her license until June - but it's happening. Love you all & miss you!