Since we have had a grand total of about 1/4 inch of snow here at the bluff this year, we decided to make a day trip to the hills today to let the kids play in the snow. We (and by "we" I mean all members of the family NOT pregnant) did a bit of sledding and the boys tried snowboarding for the first time ever. Although we didn't stay too long, it was a fun adventure for our little family of four before we add the schedule of a newborn to our lives in a few short weeks. As you will see in the photos, Silas took to snowboarding pretty well for a four year old. Daddy will have to get these boys up on the hill more often!
P.S. Because these photos make the trip look so perfect and ideal, it would seem a bit dishonest if I didn't at least mention the fact that we cut the trip short because of some not so great attitudes. We even bribed the boys on the trip home with a stop to get frozen yogurt if they could manage to go the whole ride without fighting and/or complaining. But I'm going to choose to remember the smiles and fun of the day! And while I'm at my true confessions, I will admit that this pregnant mama ate a maple bar, a glazed donut, an apple fritter, and a stack of onion rings from Red Robin for dinner last night. There. Now you have a glimpse at the real life that happens around here that isn't so picturesque! :)
Hahahaha....I love it! Not only is confession good for the soul, it makes for a great blog post! Let's hear it for Real Life!!! Super pics by the way! I give you props for the bribery attempts as well!
LOL!!!!! Loved your P.S. so true!!!! Ahhh, the cravings of pregnancy (and nursing, and postpartum, and post nursing, and, well, just being a woman.). That first pic of Owen is amazing!!!! And the shots of Silas snowboarding is awesome! He does look like a little pro! I bet he'd love to watch the winter olympics this year!
4 comments:
Hahahaha....I love it! Not only is confession good for the soul, it makes for a great blog post! Let's hear it for Real Life!!! Super pics by the way! I give you props for the bribery attempts as well!
LOL!!!!! Loved your P.S. so true!!!! Ahhh, the cravings of pregnancy (and nursing, and postpartum, and post nursing, and, well, just being a woman.). That first pic of Owen is amazing!!!! And the shots of Silas snowboarding is awesome! He does look like a little pro! I bet he'd love to watch the winter olympics this year!
What beautiful memories you will have of this day! The pics are perfect!
Loved this post! For so many reasons:) Can't believe how soon you will be a family of five!
Post a Comment