Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Milestone...

I think I can officially say that coloring/writing can now be included in Owen's list of hobbies. People, you have no idea how excited this makes me! As a mother of boys, I have been aching for the day that they develop a desire to do something that I genuinely enjoy doing, too. Not that playing Legos, cars, Star Wars, and digging in the dirt isn't fun, but those are all activities I have learned to enjoy with my boys. But coloring and crafts, now that's another story. I could sit at a table with some paper and craft supplies in front of me for a long time and be perfectly content. So needless to say, I happily welcome this new development in Owen's life...and I think he does, too!

On a similar note, I think I have realized that I really love having kids. As much as I enjoy babies and cherish that short-lived precious time in my babies' lives, I have found that I really thrive as a mother of kids (you know, the kind that sleep through the night). I love playing make-believe, reading books with more than one word per page, love seeing them play with each other, love baking cookies with them when they can actually help, love going for real bike rides with them (not just walking at a snail's pace waiting for the scooter), love making treasure hunts for them they can actually do, and the list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, I love babies and treasure their sweetness, but I do have to say that having kids is a lot of FUN!











P.S. Sorry about the mis-spelling of Anakin above. I just now learned the proper way to spell his name!

4 comments:

allison said...

I love his Star Wars characters -- especially the light sabers. The set is perfect all together. Nice work, Owen!

Tristan said...

I agree with Allison. I saw the light sabers and thought, "This kid has it down to a science!" ;-)

I agree with you. I really enjoy having them in the baby stage, but it has definitely been SO fun having them in the kid phase. Gabe has been telling the most absurd jokes lately (he makes them up and they often don't make sense) and Izzy loves to go shopping and will admire everything around her :-)

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

LOVE this!! I love the gallery, Jen! I think this would make excellent framed art in someone's room!!!

These are so awesome, Owen! I especially love that you also wrote their names! [hugs and a wee little kiss on the cheek from Grama!]

Kim said...

love the post. love the pictures.