Saturday, January 29, 2011

Leap Frog Tag Reader...

















If you are a mother of preschool aged children, I am going to venture to say that you need to get this. It's a Leap Frog Tag Reader, and it is AWESOME. My brother got one for my niece and I was amazed when I saw what it can do. So, I got one for Owen. It is, in my opinion, one of the best tools I've ever seen for teaching children to read. The child can touch any word on the page and it will read it or sound it out. There are lots of tools out there that read a story to a child, but this one the child actually has to touch the pen to the word...which means they are seeing each word that is being read, rather than just hearing a story. There are also games that can be played with it that involve letters and letter sounds and you can also touch any character on the page and they will say something. Plus, there are a WHOLE bunch of books you can buy with it. We took it in the car with us to Seattle and Owen used it the entire way there. It kept him entertained for a 3 hour car ride and he was learning in the process. What could be better than that? If you have little kids, I think you should get one. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it if you ask me. So, people....run on out and by a Tag Reader. You won't regret it.

P.S. Leap Frog should pay me for the advertising!

2 comments:

allison said...

Leap Frog is teaching our entire nation of children to read. I want it all (the videos, the tag reader, etc.) in Spanish. Or maybe Mandarin Chinese.

Carly said...

what's the damage on one of these? Will's birthday is coming up...good idea. I may have to get me one.