Yesterday marked my first day of having two little ones to take care of with no help. Why the thought of that was overwhelming to me is a mystery...especially considering I was a nanny for infant twins who had a sister who is only 15 months older. But I guess the whole not getting any sleep at night thing plays into it a bit. Regardless, the morning was fabulous...the afternoon was a disaster and a half. I think the problem was, I had gotten it into my head that I would take a nap when the boys were down. And then reality happened. Owen threw one of the biggest fits of his entire life, and the minute he FINALLY fell asleep, Silas woke up. By the time C.J. got home from work, I was literally in tears. So today, I'm not even trying or hoping for a nap. Why set myself up for disappointment, right? It's far easier to just get through the day dog tired than it is to deal with the frustration of trying to take a nap and having it not work out. So instead, I'm blogging. At the moment, Silas is asleep in his swing and Owen is in his bed just gabbing away. To quote what I just heard: "Hey Monster. You ever seen a giant before?" Until he falls asleep and the littler one wakes up, you get an update from me. Lucky you! :) (Let's just ignore the laundry that isn't getting done and the toys that are strewn all over the house)
This morning, Silas had his 2 week check up. Remember how he weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. at birth? Yeah, a mere 2 1/2 weeks later he weighed in at a whopping 10 lb.s 8 oz. Tell me how that's even possible. And let's also hope that he doesn't continue to grow at this rate, or we might have a serious problem by the time he's 1.
In other news, Owen and I decided that it would be fun to play pretend "Kingdom" today. Here he is modeling the characters (Daddy was not too pleased about him playing the part of a princess, but the tutu is far too small for the only female living in this house. So who else would play the part?)
The King:

The Soldier:

The Princess:

And now I have a baby attached to me. Literally. So I guess that's all you get for now. Cheers!
5 comments:
DOn't worry Jen it gets easier. I remember when my Mom went home after being with me for two weeks after Ryker was born. I balled my eyes out. I was so scared. But your right to not count on a nap b/c it would just tick me off to no end when I didn't get one. Do try to get some time to yourself, which isn't easy when you breastfeed, but even an hour away grocery shopping by yourself does wonders. Hang in there and don't worry about the laundry, just order more stuff off the internet and hope it comes before you run out of clothes. Just kidding, but wouldn't that be nice.
Love this! Love the princess, too! So cute! I can't imagine doing it with two, Jen. Wow! I will look forward to your stories of craziness :). And that is so funny the difference between Silas and Ellie. Ellie is definitely a little mini and Silas seems to be a really good eater :)
Love this - Owen is too cute. Sincerely sorry about the nap situation...but glad it gives you time to post.
Hang in there! The redeeming feature of this exhaustion phase is that very few permanent memories remain of it a year later. This is the only explanation for any family ending up with more than one child!)
Also, you know I'm a huge fan of the tutu. Awesome.
Super cute pics. It is a wee bit crazy with two at first, but you're doing great! It WILL get easier....
Post a Comment