It's 1:45 in the morning. C.J. and I have to get up at 4:30 in order to be at the hospital by 6:00 to have our new little baby. As a last hurrah before I become a mother of 2, I decided to just have Owen sleep with me tonight so I can snuggle him and relish his sweetness one last time before my hands become more full. Well, a couple of minutes ago he started to stir a little bit, adjusted his covers, and (I kid you not) in his sweetest, softest, slowest, sleepiest voice sang just these words "mother and child, sleep in Heavenly peace." (you know, from the song Silent Night) People, you have NO idea how deeply this hit me. I wasn't really emotional until now...but I truly felt like it was God speaking to me through my precious little boy. For the most part I feel really calm and peaceful about tomorrow's events, but that doesn't change the part of me that is continually turning to God and praying for his hand of protection over our little baby. As much as I know God will take care of us no matter what, I think every mother faces the worry of "what if"...what if something goes wrong, what if he's not healthy, what if what God has planned for this baby is not what I have dreamt of for him? But people, if hearing your 2 year old in the middle of his sleep sing the simple words "Mother and Child, sleep in HEAVENLY peace" doesn't reassure you that you are in God's hands and have nothing to worry or fear, I don't know what will. I guess the point of this is to say that God spoke to me through my little boy to turn my "what if's" into "EVEN if's"....He will take care of us EVEN if something goes wrong, EVEN if he's not healthy, He will provide everything we need EVEN if what He has planned for our baby isn't what I have dreamt of for him. Right now, I rest in God's faithfulness and in the truth of who He says He is. Thank you, Lord, for that reassurance and I look forward with peace to what You have in store for us...
P.S. I know that's not EXACTLY the oder of the lyrics of the actual song, but that's how he sang them.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i'm totally crying right now. it miiiight be the pregnancy hormones, but its probably just that that is the sweetest story and i just love how God chooses to speak to us. thanks for sharing!
ps. yay! so excited for you to meet your new baby!
What a great way to start your day. Good luck Jen and CJ!
Absolutely beautiful story. XOXO.
oh my goodness...what a precious GIFT from both Owen and God! I'm choked up here! I love your What ifs to EVEN ifs...sure spoke to me! Thanks (:
Post a Comment