Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A rather embarrassing moment...

Yesterday I had a prenatal doctor's appointment in the morning. My dear sister offered to watch Owen for me so that I could go sans child, which was a huge treat. Everything was great until all I had left to do was see the doctor...and then she got called out for a delivery. So, I left the office and went back an hour later to finish the appointment. Still no doctor. So, we rescheduled for this morning.

It's 9:00 this morning and WE are at the doctor's office (Owen and Mama). He is being really good, entertaining the nurses and being his charming self. Then the doctor (who I LOVE, by the way) came in and we started chatting for a while. As I laid on my back while the doctor was listening to the baby's heart beat, Owen was playing in the corner with my purse. All of the sudden my doctor says to me, "WHAT is he eating?" Me: "What do you mean?" (since I can't see him from my position). Doc: "That powdery stuff. What IS that?" I look over and my child is dumping into his mouth...

Well here's the other part of the story. You know how at the movie theaters these days they sell the flavoring to put on popcorn? My husband happened to try it a few times and liked it and proceeded to get me to like the stuff. At the theater, you can buy a tiny little bottle for like $3 or something, and at the grocery store you can get about 8 times the amount for a $1.50. So, I decided to buy it from the grocery store and keep it in my purse, that way we don't have to waste a bunch of money every time we go to the movies. However, it's a tad embarrassing to open up my purse while in the Target checkout line and have popcorn seasoning sticking out. But what's even MORE embarrassing, is when you're at the doctor's office and your child has discovered the stuff and is dumping it into his mouth and then your DOCTOR has to tell you what he's doing so you can stop him. Yeah, let's just say I was a little mortified. But hey, we all got a good laugh out of it. I guess the lesson to be learned is: get a babysitter.

3 comments:

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carly said...

Sounds like my purse! :-)

Kim said...

I think I would rather take your scenario. I caught Ryker sucking my mint lip balm directly from the tub yesterday. Gotta love being a Mom.