Sunday, September 27, 2009

A pregnancy update...

For the past six months, this pregnancy has been truly wonderful. I can honestly say that I have ENJOYED being pregnant (yeah, I know...I really said it). I have had, so far, zero of the uber crappy symptons I had with Owen (i.e. acne everywhere and I mean everywhere, numb hands starting from 5 months on, 40 lb weight gain by the 6 month mark, and the list could go on and on). And let me just point out that it is an incredible relief to have only gained 6 lbs so far as compared to the first go-round (but let's just ignore the fact that I started this pregnancy 40 lbs heavier than I would like to be....yeah, that's fun, huh?) At any rate, the point I'm trying to make is that this has been a really good pregnancy so far. And ANY time someone has asked me how I'm feeling my answer has been "great." Until...

Probably 2 days ago. During the day, the answer to that question is still the same. But ask me any time after 6:00 pm and my new official answer is: "pregnant." Yes friends, I am a bit afraid to admit this, but I think my days of feeling shockingly good are coming to an end as I tackle this 3rd trimester. Don't get me wrong, I still feel WAY WAY better than I did at this point with Owen, but our precious new little one is growing by the minute and I can tell. I'm already kinda wondering how on earth my tummy can grow any more and I still have 3 months left! And this growing bundle of joy is bringing increased discomfort. Like the other night when I was trying to watch tv and had to switch positions every 2 minutes because I just couldn't get comfortable. But the good news is: I still don't have acne (my scarred back will be thankful for that), I can still feel my fingers, I have had zero swelling (which is a nice contrast to last time when I had people telling me they could hardly even look at me because I was so swollen), I am still sleeping well at night, etc). But the even BETTER news is that we start construction on our house in about a week!!! Yeah, it is kinda bad timing having a baby in the middle of building a house, but I am VERY thankful that my mind will be occupied with house stuff for the next couple of months rather than just sitting around waiting for baby to come and realizing how not fun the last trimester can be. So there you have the update. Check back in about 2 1/2 months and you'll probably hear some pretty substantial complaining...but for now, we're still chugging along and feeling pretty darn good in the process. Ciao!

3 comments:

Kim said...

It's good to hear your doing well. You, me and Ali should get together soon, before you get too busy.

Meghan Elaine said...

Hope you continue to feel well! :)

Marla Kay Lipscomb said...

So glad to hear an update Jen! We are praying for you during this last trimester! AND...so exciting to hear about your house! Love Mar