Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is Risen!!!

We had an absolutely wonderful, relaxing day celebrating the miracle that our faith rests on: the Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus. It's hard to even fathom our Father's love and His sacrifice. But I know that my life would be nothing without Him, and the only reason I have hope is because He arose from the grave! I pray that my children will be able to accept, cherish, and grasp the immensity of God's love for them as they grow. For now, I will count the little blessings that show me God is making Himself real in their lives. Like when Silas comes down the stairs on Easter morning, sees his Easter basket full of candy and toys, and the only thing he grabs out of it is the paper cross with his name on it. So yes, we had a beautiful day celebrating Easter. A day full of sunshine, smiles, happy boys, good conversation, and delicious food (especially the cinnamon rolls!) Sorry we ate them all, Al.





2 comments:

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

I cannot believe how old Owen looks...almost like a peek at what he'll look like at 17!! Looks like you had a great celebration!!! HE is risen!

allison said...

oh, ugh! Wish I hadn't looked at yours first. Beautiful pics, as always!