
November 20, 2009:

March 17, 2010:

August 18, 2010:

I probably shouldn't even be posting the "after" picture yet since we STILL don't have a sidewalk (just fyi, if you're looking to put in a sidewalk any time soon Pat is not your man...he's too busy), but I thought it was fun to see how much the place has changed in a matter of months. I sometimes feel overwhelmed by how much there is yet to do in the yard. However, seeing these pictures definitely helps me keep it in perspective. We have actually done quite a bit since we moved in and it will take years for our yard to look established. For now, I love the roses. And I'll love it all even more then we actually have a sidewalk and more formal entry (and the 240 tulip and daffodil bulbls I bought today might help a smidge in the spring...anyone want to have a planting party?). The blessing about the sidewalk taking forever is that I think we might actually end up doing stone pavers instead of the cement we had initially planned on. Our plan is to have a little rectangular landing/patio type thing outside of the fence where the pots and lady are in hopes that the entry will feel a little more distinguishable. As it is right now, the gate is kinda hard to spot from far away.
Also, my mom has been here for the past few days helping me decorate the house a bit more. I didn't do a whole lot of decorating initially since we were kinda wiped from building a house, being pregnant, having a baby, moving, landscaping, etc. But it has been fun to get a few more things out to make the house feel more like a home. My mom, by the way, is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Not only does the woman work like you wouldn't believe, but she has the ability to make any piece of junk look beautiful. So I can't really take full credit for all the decorating in the house. Truth be told, if there's something in the house that looks really good or unique, it was likely my mom's idea. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP MOM!!!!
The Outside.

| |

The Library. It was quite empty until my mom suggested we put this little folding table that I purchased at an antique show in it to act as a desk area. I actually love the way it turned out. The room definitely needed a little something extra since all it had prior to this was a hutch and chair/ottoman. The desk lamp I picked up at Target. The chair is one my mom had sitting on her porch and is kindly letting me borrow until she finds a place for it in her house in Seattle.

| |
| |
The Dining Room. We are still waiting on our dining chairs. I ordered them and waited six months for them to arrive, only to decide when they did arrive that I hated the fabric I had ordered them in. So, they got returned and if all goes well round 2 should be here in October. The little red high chair is another treasure I found at the antique show. I got it thinking that Silas could use it (I had hoped to find different chairs for the boys to use while they are still young since the dining chairs I ordered are upholstered) but Owen has pretty much adopted it.


I think that's all you get for now. These posts always take way longer than I think they are going to. I finished Owen's room and am hoping to hang the curtains in the master tomorrow. So hopefully in the next few days I'll get around to posting a few of the bedrooms, the new touches in the living room, and the basement. Until then...
5 comments:
I would love to help you plant bulbs ;-) I'm not too sure if me + 4 kids would be all that much help but... we're game ;-) Love the pictures and the amazing transformation happening around your place!
After we left Seattle I realized I hardly got to talk w/you. Hope you guys had a nice evening out!
Bless you,
Maureen
Would you come decorate my house and help me think outside the box??? Every time I see pictures of your house I suffer great bouts of envy! LOVE it - ALL of it!!!
Loooove the desk lamp! Good choice.
It all looks so good. You really have come a long way in less than one year. The house, the decor, the view, the yard...it's all absolutely beautiful!
you guys have gotten a heck of a lot done is a short time! i love it all...the decor, the shutters, the front door. amazing! you {and your mom} have a great eye!
Wowee does it look different! Grass certainly changes the look of a house! You guys have done such a great job - beautiful!
Post a Comment