Monday, June 28, 2010

A little update on the babe...

Our precious little baby is growing up WAY too quickly. He is pretty much the sweetest baby ever, and I just want to eat him up because he's that scrumptious. However, we've been really busy and I haven't had much time for blogging about his sweetness or changes, and a few major events have occurred that need to be documented (mostly because this blog is kind of my version of the boys' baby books). Our little guy has officially changed from infant to baby. As of two weeks ago (when we were at the beach), he has two teeth...teeth whose arrivals have caused quite a stink. Also, he is officially sitting up. Like, I actually put him in a sitting position to play and walk away. And finally, HE NOW TAKES A BOTTLE (with a little bit of coaxing)!!!!!!!! After 6 months of essentially zero alone time for Mama, the sweet little guy has finally given in to his "I refuse bottles" stage. And, oh has it has made a difference! When you're a breastfeading mom (particularly with a baby who won't take a bottle), I think you kind of just shove aside your identity as a woman and individual for a while. Your body, time, sleep, hormones, and energy belong to someone else. And that's a good and wonderful blessing because that's the way God designed it and it is a sweet period of life. But there comes a point where you need a break. And I was definitely at that point. But, after 4 hours away on Friday evening and 3 hours away on Saturday, I feel like a new woman. Seriously. I feel like I have a whole new energy and enthusiasm for motherhood. And I needed it. I don't mean to sound selfish or self centered...we had just reached a point where we could all benefit from me getting away for a while. So I did, and it was WONDERFUL! Thank you to my awesome husband for being so supportive of me getting some alone time. I really love that man...and this little boy:







P.S. Regarding the other little boy that I love, he is now officially potty trained, and we are very proud of him!

P.P.S. I didn't alter the color of the photos above. That's just how blue his eyes are.

8 comments:

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

He is so precious! Congrats on the bottle thing and some well-deserved, overdue alone time!!

allison said...

He looks so much like you. Glad you got a little time to yourself....

Kim said...

Wow those are some blue eyes! Congrats on the alone time, the bottle feeding, and the potty training.

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

Look at how big he's gotten???? CRAZY! He's adorable...and sitting up to boot! Awesome! And that's so exciting about Owen! YAY!

brian, meghan, finley, and adalaide said...

Hooray for the bottle feeding and the potty training! I'm sure both are making you a happy mama. Love his beautiful eyes, and I can't believe that he's sitting and sporting teeth. Time flies!!!

Marla Kay Lipscomb said...

So excited to see pics of Silas...scrumptious he is! Congratulations to Owen on potty training and so glad you got to have some well deserved alone time=) So blessed in watching you and learning from you as a mama!
Love, Mari

Van Dyk Family said...

So cute. I miss you Silas (and Jen).

Mike and Becka said...

Oh he is scrumptious! I'd like a little nibble :). Jen, I can't even imagine going 6 months without a bottle. I feel very lucky that Ellie has taken a bottle all along - I'm not sure I would have survived. So happy for you!