Well, we sort of have a house now. Or at least a structure that resembles a house. While the framing is not totally complete and there is nothing on the roof yet, the house is starting to take shape...and we're pretty excited about it. It's fun to see since up until this point it has pretty much just been an idea in our heads. Obviously, these pictures don't totally depict what it will look like in the end since some of the windows aren't completely cut out, door heights are not yet decided, porches have not been added, etc....but it gives you a pretty good idea. We are in the middle of trudging through decision making...and I've officially decided that making a decision is about 100 times more difficult while pregnant. Thankfully, I am married to an incredible man. There's nobody else I'd rather be making decisions with, especially since there are literally hundreds of things we some how have to agree on. But, we're tackling it step by step and learning a lot in the process. I've heard it said that you should not only get to build one but two houses in your lifetime since you learn SO many things the first time around that you would do differently the second time. I'm beginning to agree with that. However, since we won't be doing this again, EVER, we are soooo thankful for the opportunity and are trying our best to get it as close to what we want as possible. Anyhow.... here are a couple of pics of the latest:




P.S. When you see it from afar, it definitely sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm thinking some substantial landscaping will help with that. Too bad you can't just plant a yard that is already mature. Patience, patience...
4 comments:
It's lookin' great so far! Can't wait to see more....
This is very fun to see the progress of your new house taking shape! Keep the updates coming :-)
Looks great! They also say that if you can build a house with your spouse and still like each other afterwards, your golden.
It is so beautiful! I can't wait to see more pics throughout the weeks/months to come! Happy Thanksgiving! Love, Mar
PS-I can hear the Christmas music filling your home!
Post a Comment