But I will stop complaining now and move on to more exciting things...things like construction on our new house being started!!! Yep, our builder officially started last week. So far we have the excavating done, a big hole in the ground for the basement, and even a port-a-potty! Obviously this is a slow going process and it will be a while before it actually LOOKS like anything, but we're excited just the same. They're supposed to pour concrete for the foundation soon, and I'm hoping Owen is better by then because that is certainly an event that a 2 year old boy can not miss out on! Oh yeah, and we got our kitchen sink this weekend....I LOVE IT! Since there's nothing to take pictures of yet besides a pile of dirt, I thought I'd include some photos I stole from the internet of a few of the things we have purchased for the house. We haven't purchased much yet, since we're not very far along in the process, but here's a little sampling for you: (keep in mind that we are hoping to have the house feel like an old farm house since it's being built in the middle of farm land. Obviously, it's not going to be perfect because it's new, not old, but still...that's the look we are going for)
We got 2 of these pendant lights for over the kitchen island:

This is the chandelier we purchased for the dining room (minus the shades):

The kitchen sink. I have always wanted an apron sink, so this might be one of the things I'm most excited about so far:

And here are a couple of items that we have not purchased yet, but are seriously contemplating. Who knows, we might change our minds, but for now these are at the top of our list for...
The bathtub in the master bath:

The kitchen island:

And finally, since I can't figure out how to get our actual plans/drawings on here, I'll show you a picture of the house we kinda based ours off of. We loved the look of this house and basically had the designer make it look pretty similar. We changed the floor plan a bit (and unfortunately we don't have all of the beautiful established landscaping shown in this picture) , so it's not going to look exactly the same, but at least you get an idea:

So there you have it. I'll post real pictures when there's actually a structure worth photographing, but that may be a while. Our builder says he'll be done in 6 months...we shall see. Hope you all stay healthier than we are!
P.S. Since I'm having fun DREAMING about the house, why not dream about purchasing this oh-so-beautiful but expensive dining room table (just the table, not the chairs). I absolutely LOVE it. Any volunteers who want to buy it for us since it's a lot more money than we have to spend on a table right now? But seriously, though...is it not gorgeous?
7 comments:
Jen, so sorry to hear that you guys haven't been feeling so well. Praying that you are on the mend! It took my kids a good week for it to run it's course, but Natalie, Charlie, and I haven't got it and I pray we don't.
So excited to see all the fun things for your house! I would still love to chat with you about your building plans. Maybe afternoon coffee ;-) Oh, I do love the table... it would seat the entire family ;-) Well, maybe your family ;-)
Talk to you soon,
Maureen
Jen,
So sorry to hear you and Owen have been sick! It sounds like you two have been in good hands though;) I hope you feel better SOON...I know how much you LOVE this time of year! And...I so enjoyed seeing glimpses of your new home. I can hardly wait to come see it and all of your special touches=) Love, Mar
Love the pic of the house, would love to see the plans since I'm that kind of dork that buys house plan books just to look at plans. Can't wait to see it for real. Hope you feel better soon.
You should take pictures as it progresses, just so you'll have the record. And you should share a photo of your new home's gorgeous views. I think your readers would like that!
beautiful stuff. can't wait to see your beautiful new place. thanks for the updates and glad you (hopefully) are starting to feel better,
Jen, I looooove the stuff you guys have picked out! I'm secretly a little jealous that you get to have a cute farm style house. Is that dining table from restoration hardware? That's my favorite store to daydream about..
Oh my goodness...I LOVE these. Girl, you sure know how to pick 'em! I just can't wait!!!! So how much is the table???
Post a Comment