Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's Official: Our boy is growing up...

I know everybody says this all the time about their kids, but they really do grow WAY too quickly! Owen is currently sound asleep for the very first time in his BIG BOY BED!!! (sniff, sniff) I moved a twin bed into his room today thinking maybe we would gradually get around to having him sleep in it...I was kinda assuming he would still prefer his crib, which we left in the room. Nope, not the case. He was VERY excited to sleep in his "new bed." Maybe that's because the bedding has trucks and cowboys on it, but whatever the case he likes it. Who knows? Ask me in a few weeks and we might be singing quite a different tune. For now, though, I am a bit surprised at how emotional it is for me to make this transition. Sometimes I wish life could go in slow motion and I could just bottle up every fun stage that he goes through!

On a different note, here are a couple of pictures of Owen riding his tricycle yesterday. I have taken very few pictures in the past couple weeks, but hopefully I'll start up again:

From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos

4 comments:

Kim said...

I felt the same way about Ryker starting to sleep in a big boy bed. I told my Mom that it makes me want to have another one and she said "oh, wait another six months or so." I didn't mean right away!!

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm right there with ya, Mamma! I'm glad you and your camera are talking again! I LOVE what you see! xo

my3sons said...

It never seems to get "easier" letting go of these baby moments. I was thinking the same thing this week about them growing too fast. I am so scared to loose my last baby!!!

Big W said...

I cried the first time we finished a bottle of baby wash, because it meant we were no longer using baby's first all-purpose cleanser. I think I could have used a tranquilizer when Phook moved into a big girl bed...It's all so precious and goes so painfully fast.