Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The goings on of our day...

Exhibit A: Owen has FINALLY taken to feeding himself. Well, he has been doing finger food for quite a while, but he has only recently taken a liking to feeding himself with utensils (insert applause here). We are very thankful for this little development because it means we don't have to sit in front of him for good portions of our day spoon feeding him. On the other hand, we are not all that excited about the mess that comes with the territory. But hey, it's worth it! Oh yeah, I do need to mention that the pb&j sandwich pictured below was consumed only after being dipped in ranch dressing!

From Blog Photos


Exhibit B: The Self Portrait
I recently joined a photography group (to any of you who enjoy photography, you should join too! Becky, Allison, Lyssa, Sherrie...that means YOU! Let me know if you are interested.) At any rate, basically what it entails is taking one picture a week for a year that has to do with a weekly topic. For example, last week's theme was "New Years." Well, this week we had to do a self portrait....gasp! Now let me just say that this took me WAY out of my comfort zone. A: I HATE having pictures taken of myself, as many of you can atest to. and B: Have you ever tried to take a self portrait? I mean seriously, trying to get a picture that is in focus and looks good using a tripod and a self timer is QUITE a challenge. But it is for this reason that I joined the group. I wanted to try something different with the camera than just taking pictures of kids (although I still think kids make the best subjects). So, I gave it a whirl. Yes, I felt completely foolish taking photo after photo of myself, but oh well! I am only including these in this post because I have had several people tell me in the past "you never put any pictures up of yourself!" That's partly because I am always the one behind the camera and partly because of my previously mentioned dislike of pictures of myself. So here is a RARE look at yours truly:

From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos


Exhibit C: The wee one playing outside. I have no idea what is up with our weather lately, but Owen and I jumped on the chance to play outside a bit today and not freeze to death. And I just need to point out the fact that I took like a bajillion pictures of myself today and liked maybe 3 of them...and then proceeded to take 5 pictures of Owen and love every single one of them! Hmmm...I'm sure there are several contributing factors to that...but here is a quick look at Owen enjoying the out of doors:

From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos


The end!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Exhibit B: What a beautiful wife I have... and talented too. I love you!

Lyssa said...

Awesome job with the self-portraits! I can only imagine how difficult it was. What a great idea to join a photography group! I think it would be a lot of fun and would absolutely be interested in joining.

Kim said...

Love the self-portrait. Did it cost anything to join the photography group? Ryker just starting using a spoon yesterday and it was great not having to sit and feed him.

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

great shots, Jen. I LOVE the self portraits!! YES, I'd love to know more about the photography group...sounds like lots of fun!!! Did I tell you I picked up a lens in Oregon?

Big W said...

You are too beautiful. (But is there such a thing?)