![]() |
| From Happy New Year! |
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
The Bean Bag Chair...
A while ago, C.J. went to a video game convention in Seattle (yes, my husband is what you would call a "gamer") and had a ton of fun. Apparently while he was there he got to sit on what he described as an AWESOME bean bag chair. Ever since then, he has been dreaming of owning one himself. So, when Christmas rolled around, what do you suppose he wanted? Yep, you guessed it. The only problem is, I am just a tiny bit uptight (ok, maybe a LOT uptight) about our house and what is in it, where things go, etc....so the thought of having a giant bean bag sitting in the middle of our living room didn't sound too exciting to me. However, I knew C.J. REALLY wanted it and I decided I should lighten up a bit and let him have some say in what we have around our house (although he does have a huge room in the basement that is COMPLETELY his domain!). So, I secretly ordered this beast (actually had Alli order it for me so that C.J. wouldn't see the charge on our card and ruin the surpsise) and then had it shipped to my parents' house in Seattle. That way, C.J. wouldn't see if before Christmas and we could just pick it up while we were there for Christmas Eve. Well, the darn thing dind't come and didn't come and didn't come and didn't come. After a month of waiting and C.J. getting no present from me on Christmas day, it finally arrived in Seattle this past weekend and my dad dropped it off at our house last night. Ok, seriously people....the thing is freaking HUGE!!!! I'm not exaggerating when I say it takes up more space than our recliners. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not regretting the decision to buy it because I know it has made C.J. really happy, I just had to stop and laugh about it for like 30 minutes yesterday when we opened it. So to anyone out there who is considering getting their husband a bean bag chair, note the dimensions BEFORE you order it! At least the box it came in has been put to good use!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like CJ needs a man cave!
I was really hoping for a picture of the bean bag, so that I can really visualize it. you're a good wife!
Hello?!?!?!!! We need a picture of the chair, too! (although that is a pretty cute one of Owen!)
Show the Chair! Show the Chair! Show the Chair!... everybody now.... Show the Chair! Show the Chair!
Post a Comment