Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Candy...


Oh people, seriously.  So tonight I got to spend a lovely girls night out with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law (which was super fun, by the way).  But while I was gone, C.J. and Owen got to spend some time together, time which included a trip to town to pick up a new video game that C.J. had put on reserve and just came out today.  Well when I got home this evening, there was this big plastic sack from Rite Aid sitting on our table that was full to the brim...not quite sure what's inside.  To preface this, I need to explain that C.J. and I have been recently talking (half jokingly, or so I thought) about getting some Halloween candy in preparation for Friday's festivities.  The problem is, we live way the heck in the middle of nowhere, so....year #1 in this house, how many tick-or-treaters did we get?  zero.  Year #2 in this house, how many did we get? zero.  Year #3 in this house?  zero.  But, we usually get a bag anyway JUST IN CASE, or actually just so that we can have an excuse to buy a bag of yummy candy.  So we were kinda looking forward to our bag of Butterfingers this year and had just talked about it this weekend.  Now back to tonight:  C.J. goes, in all seriousness, "I picked up some Halloween candy while we were in town."  He then walks over to the bag on the table and I'm thinking, "Oh, he must have a bag of candy in there with the other stuff he bought."  No, not the case at all.  In fact, the entire grocery bag is FULL of candy.  I seriously just about died laughing.  I mean, it's one thing to indulge in a little bit of candy that you didn't need during this time of year, but by no means do the 3 of us in this house need to eat 768 pieces of candy.  I guess the bright side is: we are well stocked just in case we get bus-loads of trick-or-treaters this year.  I love my husband!

4 comments:

allison said...

Well I know where Oliver will be headed on Friday.... :) Seriously, I laughed out loud.

Anonymous said...

I don't know Jen, I think your hubby sounds like a pretty rational guy. I mean seriously, you could have like 100 kids show up from who knows where at any time of the night, so it's best to be prepared. I'm totally kidding, but on the other hand, you never know.

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

Waaaaay too funny! Ceej...dude, don't take after your mother! Get help NOW!

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

Great blog, Jen! You sure know how to tell a story!