Friday, June 13, 2008

Ice Cream Man continued...

So you all already know that the ice cream man came the other day and it was SO exciting...so exciting that I told basically the entire world about it because every kid should get to experience the joy of the ice cream man at least a few times in their life.  Well...when the guy drove into our driveway the other day, I stood there and talked to him for a while because this is a very rare occurance....you know, I wanted to be friendly since he had made his way ALL the way out here. He said he had just moved up from California and it was his first day on the job....and I let him know that we were excited he had come and all that good stuff............

So today, my sister and brother and nephews were over for a little bit.  We were all sitting in the living room enjoying the afternoon and what do we see drive in the driveway?  Yep, the ice cream man.  Boy are we excited again.  So I grab Owen and run outside and Alli and Ryke manage to wake up Oliver and Baby Jack so that they can enjoy this excitement.  I mean, after all...who gets a special visit from the ice cream man 2 times in one week?  Again, I chat with the guy and tell him I can't believe he's back and the boys will be SO excited (particularly Oliver)....and he goes "well, I came by yesterday too but you weren't here.  I plan on coming every afternoon at about this time...except Sundays of course"......

Umm...so I know the ice cream man is very exciting.  But every single day?  Don't you think that's a bit much?  Even if they didn't cost $1.50 these days, no child really needs an ice cream every single day.  And besides, I kinda think it might lose its luster if Owen saw the truck over and over and over and over...  I'm pretty sure the poor guy is hurting for business....but.... My response to him:  "Maybe you could just come once a week.  We certainly are excited about it and love ice cream, but I think we probably don't need it every day."  Even once a week is probably over kill, but I didn't want to make the guy go out of business.  If we don't spend our $1.50 once a week, he'll never be able to pay for the gas it takes to drive from house to house around here.  We'll see...but for now, we will probably be getting a visit from the good old ice cream man every Wednesday afternoon...just in case any of you are needing your ice cream fix, that'll be a good time to come on over...

No comments: