Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Girls

A couple days ago the girls, MY girls, came over for dinner with their family. Boy oh boy do I miss them!  Now that they are all in school, our opportunities to see each other are pretty hard to come by: they have school, and swim team, and Girls Scouts, etc. and I have a baby who goes to bed at 6:00.  So the times that I do actually get to see them I completely cherish.  It's hard to go from seeing people you love every day all day (ok, besides weekends) to seeing them only a few times a month.  But the girls are growing so quickly and definitely turning in to wonderful little people.  So here's a little update on them:  Allison is in second grade now and is quite the little reader/writer.  I read one of the stories she had written last time I was at their house and I'm pretty sure I couldn't even write a story that well at age 26.  Evie and Rosie are in a bilingual kindergarten class and already know more Spanish than I learned in my three years of it in high school.  Evie just participated in her first swim meet last weekend and won her heat in her first race ever!  She also lost a tooth while she was here, which I think makes 4 now. Rosie is quite the little artist these days.  She is only 6 but she can sew pretty stinking well.  She has also lost 4 teeth and told me that SHE still believes in the tooth fairy (Evie tried very hard to convince us all that the tooth fairy is actually Mommy.)  Anyhow, I just needed to say that it was so refreshing to get to see the girls the other day and I can't believe how quickly they grow up.  It honestly (and I'm not just saying this) seems like just the other day they were all sitting in their high chairs covered in "boppies" and baby food!  There will always be a VERY special place for these 3 precious little girls in my heart!


1 comment:

brian, meghan, finley, and adalaide said...

Owen goes to bed at 6? WOW! Does he get up at 4:00 am? That must be so nice to have evenings with C.J.!