Tuesday, April 22, 2008

the cowboy in me...

C.J. and I often talk about how we dream to some day have a big pasture with horses.  I think that might be because there is a little part of us that secretly wishes we were cowboys.   If we actually did get horses, they'd be in tough shape because neither of us have ANY idea how to take care of them, or even how to ride them for that matter.  We both grew up in the country and are definitely used to wide open spaces, the sound of birds and tractors, and the smell of cows in the distance.  I LOVE blaring the country music wile driving down Fort Rd. (although lately that has been replaced by "Wee Sing Silly Songs").  We try to go to rodeos every summer to watch the bull riding and love it when we do.  But to say that we are cowboys is definitely stretching it....farm kids maybe, but cowboys, definitely not.  However, I sometimes like to play the part...and that has recently been manifesting itself in Owen's life more so than ours.  For example, his big boy bedding has cowboys and teepees on it.  I have purchased several articles of clothing for Owen that are either overalls of some sort or have a picture of a cowboy on them.  For Christmas, we got Owen a rocking horse that actually  neighs and wiggles it's tail.  All that being said, I sometimes live out my secret desire for us to all be rugged cowboys through Owen....and here are some pictures to prove it.  He would make a pretty cute little cowboy, though!



1 comment:

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

Giddy Up! That's the toddler version of Cowboy Up! He just needs a cowboy hat and spurs ( :