Today marked Owen's first ever basketball game. Aside from a few weeks of track a couple years back, this is our first venture into the world of sports. We have somewhat intentionally put it off, mostly because we feel pretty strongly about protecting our family time and don't want to end up running around like chickens with our heads cut off chasing children from gym to gym. But I do need to say, it has actually been really fun! Owen is loving playing on a real team and I have to admit that watching is pretty exciting. I can also see a lot of benefits of being on a team and what that teaches a child (i.e. teamwork, discipline, selflessness, hard work, encouraging one another, getting tougher, etc). I think we may end up enjoying this experience more than we had anticipated! Anyway, here are a few pictures from his first game. His team won, which he was pretty excited about!




2 comments:
Way to go, Owen!
Haha!! I just posted some basketball pics too!! Look at Owen go!! That's awesome!!!! Isn't it so much fun!?!? Glad your enjoying it!!!
Post a Comment