You know how there are some things that occur in life that you think you could never possibly forget but then a few years go by and you forget them? Well, just in case I really do forget this particular aspect of pregnancy #3 (which currently seems impossible), I thought I would document it just for the record. People, I have an absolutely insatiable ice craving. I mean, I truly crunch ice ALL. DAY. LONG. My ice maker can't even keep up. C.J. regularly brings home bags from his office to supplement, but even that isn't enough. Thankfully, our local mini-grocer sells a 32 oz cup full for a quarter:
But sometimes even that doesn't last long enough for our home ice maker to replenish its stock. So thankfully, we now have snow for when I'm really desperate:

I've been told the craving goes away after you give birth. I wouldn't know since this is my first pregnancy during which I have had the craving, but I sure hope that's true. Otherwise, my teeth just might start to fall out!
P.S. I'm pretty certain that if I don't give birth to this baby soon, my other two boys are either going to run away or trade me in for a new mom. My irritability and short temper that come along with these hormones are so not ok!
5 comments:
I have never heard of that craving! At least ice has no calories!!
umm...yeah. Allison's ice maker can't keep up either. And the crunching is LOUD. Really loud. :)
Craving ice can be a symptom of low iron
I am telling you...."TURN THE TV ON!!!!" as a matter of fact i am sitting down right now with my boys watching peter pan,(and reading your blog) eating popcorn (with m&m's btw-is there any other way) and drinking homemade orange julius' (orange juice, crushed ice (wink,wink), a little powdered sugar and a little vanilla extract...yum.). Nothing is more theraputic in bringing mama and babies closer together again!!! Its like a mommy time-out. (For a couple hours, a couple days, a couple weeks...whatever, you get the picture!) :)
this is the weirdest craving!
xo.
Post a Comment