Wednesday, August 29, 2012

And just like that...


My baby is off to school. I'm not sure I can write this without crying, and I know there are no words that can adequately describe what I'm feeling, but I'm going to give it a quick shot. I truly can not believe my sweet, darling, wonderful oldest son is starting school! Today was his first day and trust me, I cried. I know he'll love it and do just fine, it's just so hard to let go of him. He's my boy. My baby. My love. And to hand him off to the world to begin to encourage him to stand on his own two feet is hard. He is at a wonderful school and has Oliver in his class, which is a ton of fun for him. But it's still hard to see him leave the shelter of our home every day to face the world. I am positive he'll be great and I fully know this is an essential part of life and growing up, it just came way sooner than I would like. And although I'm going to miss him like crazy, I am also extremely excited to see him grow and learn and become the individual God has created him to be. I know God has huge plans for this boy as he grows, and am excited too watch and encourage him through that! Since I was right and that really didn't even begin to describe what's truly in my hear right now, I'll just get right to the pictures. First, we had a much anticipated going to school dinner last night at which Owen got to choose the menu: ravioli, salad, and garlic bread. The placemats are supposed to resemble notebook paper, however I can't take credit for them. I stole the idea from my sister. Thank, Al!


 

And here is the boy on his big day:
 
Owen, my boy, we are so incredibly proud of you and are excited for what's to come!

7 comments:

allison said...

Oh, Owen! We are so proud of you and so excited for you! Go get 'em, kiddo!!!

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

YAY! Can you believe it?!?! Way to go Owen! WOnderful post Jen, and so true!

Tristan said...

Darn you! I started crying just looking at the photos. All the emotions I had last year when sending Gabe to school came flooding back as well.

Can't wait to hear about his adventures and see how much he grows and changes this next year :-)

Marla Kay Lipscomb said...

Mama Owen...I loved listening to your heart. And teared up as soon as I started looking at the pictures of Owen on his first day at school. I love that Owen and Oliver are experiencing the world together. That is precious beyond words! Sending so much love to your big kindergartener! Owen, we are so proud of you and the world needs what your heart has to offer. We love you guys! Mama Faith

brian, meghan, finley, and adalaide said...

Jen, I can so relate to your mixed emotions. I have one more year left to prepare, but I'm already starting to grieve a little :)

Hope his first day went well for you both!

Anonymous said...

You are indeed a beautiful family.
XXXXOOOO
Mrs. Big Jon in the Midwest

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

Jen...I too just can't believe Owen is in school. It just seems like yesterday that I heard his newborn wale outside your delivery room door. I want to lasso time and corral it a while. I feel like we're all on warp speed and I'm missing so much.

Your post was beautiful...the photography awesome...and I loved Al's idea of the placemats. You are such a good mama...so blessed those boys, so dear to my heart, are being raised by the likes of you and Ceej.

Owen, Gramma is really, really proud of you.