So the other day Alli was over and she put Silas down for his nap. As is essential to the process, she read him
Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by Richard Scarry. When she came back downstairs she said, "did you know Silas can find Goldbug on every single page?" Yes, I did know that. And it's probably because he has read the book at every single nap time and bed time for at least the last four months, probably longer. The kid LOVES this book. I've begged him to chose a different book on numerous occasions, but he won't hear of it. Fortunately, he is willing to settle with us simply asking "where's Goldbug on
this page" rather than reading all of the words, because in case you haven't read it before, it is an incredibly long book. But the point is, this is by far Silas' favorite book. And since it has held the position for so long, I figured it was worth mentioning on the blog. I'm pretty sure I'll never forget reading it to him five billion times, but you never know. At least I now have it documented. And thank you to Becky and Hale! They are the ones who gave the book to us. Clearly, it's a hit.





2 comments:
Dude, your boys are so stinkin' cute, I love that Silas has a favorite book.
One nice thing-when your rocking him to sleep with the book-you can literally read it with your eye closed and catch up on a little rest yourslef! Just sayin....
Post a Comment