Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Top 5...

I've never really done one of these before, but hey...they're entertaining, right?  Thanks Danielle!

Things under $5 that I couldn't live without:
1.  Deodorant.  Let's be honest, I have an obsession.
2.  Gum.
3.  Coffee creamer.
4.  Paper towels.
5.  Fountain soda.

Favorite Movies:
1.  Shawshank Redemption
2.  Anne of Green Gables
3.  Napoleon Dynamite
4.  The Fugitive
5.  Little Miss Sunshine

Baby names I love:
1.  Claire...but unfortunately it doesn't work too well with St. Hilaire.
2.  Grace
3.  Liam
4.  Greyson
5.  Gavin

Songs I could listen to over and over:
1.  "Country Roads" by John Denver
2.  "Independence Day"  by Martina McBride
3.  "My Front Porch Looking In" by Lonestar
4.  "God Bless Us Everyone" from Celine Dion Christmas
5.  "Be Thou My Vision" from the church hymnal, ba-dum-ching!

Books I love:
(Oh dear, this is going to stretch me.)
1.  The Bible.
2.  My Utmost for His Highest.
**the problem now is that the last time a read a book I was probably 8 years old, so....
3.  Black Beauty
4.  Mandie and the Ghost Bandits
5.  The Velveteen Rabit

People who have influenced me in positive ways:
1.  C.J.
2.  Owen
3.  My mom and dad
4.  My college girlfriends for sure!
5.  and specifically Marla, because her heart is AMAZING!

Things that are always in my purse:
1.  Keys
2.  Sunglasses
3.  Wallet
4.  Gum
5.  Tampons, of course!

Moments that changed my life forever:
1.  May 13, 2006...the day I married my incredible husband!
2.  May 23, 2007...they day our precious child was born!
 I don't think I can name any more specific moments, but periods of time that changed me include:
3.  College
4.  Moving back to the Valley
5.  The one year and 2 months we have spent raising our son!

Obsessions I currently have:
1.  So You Think You Can Dance
2.  Watering the yard....a lot!
3.  Watching my plants grow, and I'm not kidding.  I take a walk through the yard at least once a day just to see if anything is changing.
4.  Taking pictures
5.  Watching Owen ride his tractor...and walk...and do all of the cute things he does.

Places I would like to go:
1.  Hawaii, here we come!
2.  Mexico again because we absolutely LOVED our honeymoon!
3.  Ireland
4.  Greece
5.  Australia

Appliances or kitchen tools I couldn't live without:
1.  Paper towels for sure.  I know they aren't technically appliances, but they definitely get the most use in our kitchen.
2.  Good knives.
3.  Hand mixer
4.  Coffee pot
5.  Salad spinner

People whose top 5 I would like to see:
1.  Becky
2.  Carly
3.  Leah, but that might be hard since she doesn't do blogspot.  Maybe she should start!  ;)
4.  Meghan 
5.  Alli, too....just like Leah, she should definitely start a blog.  We'd all love it!

1 comment:

Tristan said...

I think the name Claire could totally work if you guys have a little girl... Sure, for a while her name would rhyme, but she might changer her name when she gets married some day :-)
Also, I can't believe there's another person that likes "Be thou my vision" in hymnal form. Everyone I know thinks hymns are way too stuffy, but that one's always been one of my favorites.
I too used to read the Mandie books. I think the one you mentioned is the only one I own.
Apparently we both just have really good taste!